Crazy Eights has had a terrific run in LEA since January 31st, celebrating the art of stories and spoken word in Second Life. To date, there have been 31 individual events, presenting over 40 hours of live voice presentations, featuring over 30 storytellers, authors, poets and voice performers. Over one thousand individual residents have visited LEA 9 for events, or to wander and explore. Many returned for events or to relax among the many stories represented, and Crazy Eights is proud to report a 2:1 ratio of unique to return visits.
There’s still more to come. May is “Crazy Eights” last month, and there’s no holding back on the adventures; there’s still plenty to share. See the schedule below.
May at Crazy Eights (all events live in voice):
• Sundays (all month) at 1:30pm slt in the Baker Street Area – 221b Lounge: TEA TIME at Baker Street presents “The Return of Sherlock Holmes” with a different adventure every week.
• Wednesdays (all month) at 7pm slt in the Featured Book Area: Caledonia presents the final Features Book Series at Crazy Eights: “The War That Saved My Life” one of this year’s Newbery Honor Books.
• Sunday, May 15th at 3pm slt at the Arena: The Final Storytellers’ Sandbox (90 minutes)
• Saturday, May 21st at Noon-3:30pm slt in the Crazy Eights Arena: THE BIG READ: “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.”
• Saturday, May 28th at 1pm – Story Forest Tour!
• Continuing through May in the Eastern Meadow, the photographic art of Bear Silvershade – His “Lonely Man” Project, as well as a gallery of images from Seanchai Library’s past.
See the full schedule with additional details on our special Crazy Eights webpage http://irelandslstory.blogspot.com/p/at-lea-9.html
Visit CRAZY EIGHTS at LEA9
Previously posted by at Linden Endowment for the Arts. Visit http://lindenarts.blogspot.com/2016/05/it-must-be-last-month-of-crazy-eights.html for original post.