Previously posted by at Linden Endowment for the Arts.
|Reading Poetry Event
The cake and balloons are still out from our birthday celebration, but the party is not over yet. there’s plenty more yet to come at Seanchai Library’s Crazy Eights on Lea Region 9.
Been by already? Like many a good tale, things do not always remain as they seem. Stop by for another look.
(all events live in voice):
• Saturday, April 2nd at 1pm slt at the Storytellers’ Workshop: READING POETRY (A Workshop) Aoife Lorefield leading a workshop on tips and tricks when reading poetry, in recognition of National Poetry Month in the U.S. It’s not the same as reading prose. Pace, rhythm, meter, rhyme all play into the complicated equation that leads to reading the careful economy of a poem with meaning and for impact.
Teleport to Poetry Event: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LEA9/161/147/30
• Most Sundays (on April 3rd and 10th) at 1:30pm slt in the Baker Street Area – 221b Lounge: TEA TIME at Baker Street presents “The Return of Sherlock Holmes” with a different adventure every week with the Great Detective. (check the LEA or Seanchai Library calendar for specific exclusion dates)
Teleport to Tea Time at Baker Street: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LEA9/65/180/24
|Featured Book – Silent Running by Harlan Thompson
• Mondays, April 4th – 23rd at 7pm slt in the Featured Book Area: Gyro Muggins presents Harlan Thompson’s 1972 novel “Silent Running.” Earth’s ecology is wrecked. Huge space ships contain the last of Earth’s forests until a solution can be found. When the solution arrives, biologist Freeman Lowell refuses to accept it and fights to save the living things in his care.
Teleport to Book Area: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LEA9/172/110/24
• Sunday, April 10th at 3pm slt at the Arena: The Second Storytellers’ Sandbox features some voices and stories from around the grid. Crazy Eights is pleased to welcome Bryn Taleweaver, Virginia (UnderstandingComplexity), and Boudicca Amat to the Arena.
Teleport to the Arena: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LEA9/180/209/24
|Story Forest Tours
• Saturday, April 16th at 11am – Story Forest Tours! A guided exploration of the Crazy Eights Story Forest with select stories shared live in voice. NOTE: Not all the story stations are the same as they were in February!
Teleport to Story Forest Tours: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LEA9/128/95/31
• Sunday, April 17th at 11:30am slt in the Crazy Eights Arena: A CELEBRATION OF POETRY. In the U.S. there has to be a month or a day for almost everything, and April is National Poetry Month. Poems and Poets from all across Second Life will gather in the Crazy Eights Arena to share their words – live in voice.
Teleport to Crazy Eights Arena: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LEA9/180/209/24
Beginning Wednesday, April 27th at 7pm slt in the Featured Book Area: Caledonia begins the final Features Book Series at Crazy Eights: Nine-year-old Ada has never left her one-room apartment. Her mother is too humiliated by Ada’s twisted foot to let her outside. So when her little brother Jamie is shipped out of London to escape the war, Ada doesn’t waste a minute—she sneaks out to join him. So begins a new adventure of Ada, and for Susan Smith, the woman who is forced to take the two kids in. “The War That Saved My Life” is one of this year’s Newbery Honor Books, among other distinctions.
|Featured Artist – Bear Silverslade
Continuing all month in the Eastern Meadow, the photographic art of Bear Silvershade – His Lonely Man Project, as well as a gallery of images from Seanchai Library’s past.
Teleport to Bear’s art: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LEA9/44/112/30
Visit http://lindenarts.blogspot.com/2016/03/lea9-april-events-at-crazy-eights-on.html for original post date.