Previously posted at FabFree – Fabulously Free in SL.
Greetings from the Fab Team!
Fabulously Free in SL has been in operation since September 6, 2007 and, in those years, our dedicated team has been tirelessly working to build our brand, our blog and our highly active group membership. As with most operations, we have gone through phases of change to meet the needs and capabilities of the present management team and supporting assistants. Recently we made some changes to the designer role, removing the ability to advertise via notice and there has been some confusion about how Fabfree Designers are now benefiting from the group if they are no longer able to send their daily notices.
This presents the great opportunity to clear up the misunderstandings, and reintroduce ways for Designers to participate in the Fab Free community.
First, let’s talk about what the purpose of the Fab Free group is and what it was always meant to be. Think of Fab Free as a community, not a business. The purpose of Fab Free is to join together people with in Second Life who want to share, and communicate ways to live, dress, and enjoy Second Life without spending a lot of lindens. The ability to advertise within the Fab Free group was always secondary to the community.
There are many ways Designers can participate and benefit from Fab Free.
- Review Packs: You are welcome to send our bloggers review packs. You can find details on how to do this on our Review Policy Page. Of course you can reach out and contact your favourite bloggers personally, or all of them. Keep trying until different writers until you are able to find a blogger that fits your designing style. Note that we are not obligated to blog your review pack. We blog items we are inspired to include.
- FabFree Flickr Pool: The Fab Free Flickr Pool is open to Designers as well. Designers are welcome and encouraged to add their vendor photos for items that are free or under 75 lindens to the Flickr pool. Shoppers, Fashionistas, Designers, and Bloggers alike view the Fab Free Flickr pool regularly for deals, and inspiration. This flickr pool is viewed on the side bar of the blog every day! (rules)
- Photo Challenge Sponsor: Each Month the Fab Free Blog has a Photo Contest. Designers are encouraged to sponsor a Photo Challenge in exchange for Free ad space on the blog (graphic linked to your store SLURL or blog). This is an easy fun way to be part of the Fab Free community and get the added bonus of a little advertising. Please contact Julianna Seriman to book your month!
- FabFree Chat: While it is unacceptable for designers, event owners and staff to self promote in group chat, it is a great place to get noticed just by being an active, friendly, helpful chatter. Fab Free members are some of the most loyal shoppers on the grid. When they see a Designer participating in chat and being part of the Fab Free community, they will check out that Designer’s store in their profile, and are likely to share their positive experience with others.
- Group Joiner: The FabFree group joiner that was sent to you in your welcome pack displays credibility that you are offering original affordable designs and gifts. Many designers are keeping their sign up at their stores and placing a group gift out set to the Fabulously Free in SL group. We would be delighted to see more shops participating in this way.
We as a Team hope to foster a sense of Community within Fab Free, that same sense of Community that encouraged us to keep the blog and the Fab Free group open. We hope that this information is helpful and has opened up some new ideas and possibilities for those unsure of where to go from here.
The Fab Free Team
Visit https://fabfree.wordpress.com/2015/11/07/attention-fabulous-designers/ for original post date.