SL project updates 2017 12/2: TPV Dev and Content Creation meetings

By Inara Pey – Inara Pey: Living in a Modem World. Visit SL project updates 2017 12/2: TPV Dev and Content Creation meetings for original post.

The Heart of the Sea – blog post The notes in this update are taken from the following sources: Content Creation User Group meeting, held on  Thursday March 23rd, 2017 at 1:00pm SLT The TPV Developer meeting held on Friday, March 24th, 2017 at 12:00 noon SLT. Audio extracts from the core points of the […]

Beaming into the 2017 Second Life Sci-Fi Convention

By Inara Pey – Inara Pey: Living in a Modem World. Visit Beaming into the 2017 Second Life Sci-Fi Convention for original post.

The 2017 Second Life Science Fiction Convention touched-down safely on the main grid on Friday, March 24th, ready to embark Second Life residents on flights of intergalactic adventure and fancy which will continue through until April 2nd, 2017. Active across six elemental themed regions, the convention this year celebrates its 10th anniversary. Once again, it […]

Sniper’s Second Life 1999 – 2017: The Story

By Inara Pey – Inara Pey: Living in a Modem World. Visit Sniper’s Second Life 1999 – 2017: The Story for original post.

“The initial project, ‘The Little Prince’, would take a long time,” Sniper Siemens explains in introducing Second Life 1999 / 2017 – The Story, which is now open through until the end of June 2017. “For my health and work reasons, I could not make it this year. I apologise for the inconvenience.” Frankly, I […]

Second Life: Third-Party Viewer Developers’ UG

By Nalates Urriah – Nalates’ Things & Stuff. Visit Second Life: Third-Party Viewer Developers’ UG for original post.

This is the meeting of March 24, 2017. Not many people were there. Not much news. Some update on the RC viewers. Normally I watch Pantera Północy’s videos of the meeting. But, he missed the last two meetings. So, I decided to video this one. But, Pantera was there and his usual video is here: … Continue reading

Support Feed A Smile at Nautical Smile in Second Life

By Inara Pey – Inara Pey: Living in a Modem World. Visit Support Feed A Smile at Nautical Smile in Second Life for original post.

Nautical Smile is a special event being held at Holly Kai Park in aid of Feed A Smile / Live and Learn Kenya. The event marks the first major fund-raiser to be held for Feed A Smile at Holly Kai Park, which was adopted as the park’s new charity in February 2017. Organised and hosted […]

Second Life Maintenance RC: Avatar Rendering updates and more

By Inara Pey – Inara Pey: Living in a Modem World. Visit Second Life Maintenance RC: Avatar Rendering updates and more for original post.

On Thursday, March 23rd, 2017, Linden Lab issued a new Maintenance release candidate viewer – 5.0.4.324882 – featuring a number of bug fixes and improvements.The viewer was actually a replacement for an earlier Maintenance RC, version 5.0.4.324646, which was withdrawn after it was noted it lacked some of the expected improved functionality. In particular, this […]

PeTOu’s perfection in Second Life

By Inara Pey – Inara Pey: Living in a Modem World. Visit PeTOu’s perfection in Second Life for original post.

PeTOu – click any image for full size PeTOu is a place that is bound to draw me for a number of reasons. The first is the strong Oriental influence exhibited across this Full region. The second is the way the region uses Linden water throughout to naturally add ambience and harmony to the environment. […]

Raising Abuse Reports in Second Life

By Inara Pey – Inara Pey: Living in a Modem World. Visit Raising Abuse Reports in Second Life for original post.

The following notes are drawn from a presentation Governance Team manager Tommy Linden and team member Corky Linden are making to various communities within Second Life as part of an initiative to better disseminate information about the Governance Team, and on filing Abuse Reports (ARs). The hope is that the information provided will give users […]

VWBPE 2017: Above the Book and taking a peek

By Inara Pey – Inara Pey: Living in a Modem World. Visit VWBPE 2017: Above the Book and taking a peek for original post.

The 2017  Virtual Worlds Best Practice in Education (VWBPE) conference will be taking place between Wednesday, March 29th and Saturday April 1st, 2017 inclusive. A grass-roots community event focusing on education in immersive virtual environments, VWBPE attracts 2200-3500 educational professionals from around the world each year. A press day for the event was held on Sunday, […]

AvaStar Update 2017 w/12

By Nalates Urriah – Nalates’ Things & Stuff. Visit AvaStar Update 2017 w/12 for original post.

New RC AvaStar 2 RC-6 is out. You can download it from your products page. Unless you spend time watching chat in the AvaStar-Blender and AvaStar Support groups you have no idea what changed. The change log was last updated in September 2016. You have to download the new release. The AvaStar update process from … Continue reading